Maple Walnut Stuffed French Toast
- 6 slices of your favorite bread, 1 1/2″ wide slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp April’s Maple syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp April’s Maple Syrup
- Mix all filling ingredients until well mixed and set aside.
- In separate bowl, prepare french toast batter by mixing together the 6 eggs, 1/2 cup milk and 2 tbsp maple syrup until well blended.
- Slice each piece of bread into two triangles and then use a paring knife to cut from the inside of each triangle to the crust, creating a pocket for your filling. Fill each half with a heaping spoonful of the prepared filling.
- Dip the stuffed bread into the egg mixture and pan fry each side until golden brown. Be sure to use a bit of butter in your pan to keep the french toast from sticking.
- Top with your favorite grade of April’s Maple Syrup!