Country-Style Maple Ribs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 – 4 pounds country style pork ribs
- 3/4 cup cidar vinegar
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup, darker grade
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Rinse pork under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange sliced onions in the bottom of a slow cooker and place pork on top of onions.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork.
- Cover and slow cook on low 10-12 hours or on high for 6-8 hours.
- If sauce is too dry add a bit of water.