- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 2 cup granulated maple sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup hot strong brewed decafinated coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cooking spray
Creamy Maple Frosting:
- 12 oz of non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup maple cream
- 1/4 cup dark color, robust taste pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 6 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and oil; beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended. Slowly add brewed coffee and vanilla; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Stir in chocolate; pour batter into mini-cupcake tins (makes approx. 30 cupcakes or use 13 x 9-inch baking pan) coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, fold maple cream and maple syrup into whipped topping in a large bowl. Spread frosting on cupcakes. I use a frosting bag without a tip for an easy piped on look.
- Top with maple crunchies (optional but amazing!).