- 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins, optional
- ¹⁄3 cup April’s Maple Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- ¾ cup April’s Maple Sugar (substitute brown sugar if necessary)
- ¹⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly oil an 8″ square pan or a 9″, deep pie plate
- In a large bowl toss all of the filling ingredients until well mixed, spread evenly in baking dish.
- Prepare topping by mixing all dry topping ingredients together, mix well. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- I served with maple ice cream (2 cups of vanilla mixed with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, re-freeze until hard).