- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 ¾ cup hot water
- 2 ¼ white wheat all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup April’s Maple Maple Sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup April’s Maple Crunch
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Place oats in a stainless steel bowl and pour hot water over them. Let stand 20 minutes, do not drain.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl combine butter and sugars for 10 minutes. Add the vanilla, egg whites, yogurt and applesauce. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Add the oat mixture and blend for 1 minute on slow speed. Add the flour mixture and blend for 1 minute.
- For topping combine all three ingredients and mix until crumbs form.
- Pour mix into prepared baking pan and sprinkle topping over mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 45 minutes.