- 12 Slices of bacon
- 24 large Medjool dates
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 24 wooden toothpicks
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine cheese, chopped nuts and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Put 1 teaspoon of filling into the cavity of each date.
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Bake on a pan for about 5 minutes (edges begin to brown, slices are about half done). Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Wrap one slice around each date. Secure the bacon with a toothpick to keep in in place.
- Mix the soy sauce and maple sugar in a small bowl. Place the wrapped dates on the rack of a broiling pan. Using a pastry brush, lightly swab the wrapped dates with the soy sauce mixture.
- Bake for about 10 minutes then turn over and brush the soy mixture on the other side. Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 10 minutes more.