- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup maple sugar (white sugar can be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons April’s Maple pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup April’s Maple Crunch (this is the ingredient that makes these cookies so special)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and 1 cup of maple sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and maple syrup. Gradually add the flour mixture until just mixed.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in the maple crunch. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire rack.