- 2 cups cold maple syrup
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tbsp. cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To make pie crust, combine flour, shortening and salt in a large bowl. Mix with a pastry knife until pea sized balls form. Drizzle water over mixture one tbsp. at a time. Use a fork to mix in water. Add enough water so that mixture sticks together slightly.
- Roll dough on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, using flour on your rolling pin to make sure it doesn’t stick. Fold the dough in half, place in a 9″ pie plate and unfold to fit the pan.
- To make filling, combine all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well. Pour into a sauce pan. Cook while stiring with a wisk until mixture comes to a simmer and then thinkens slightly. Cool for 5 minutes and then poor into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400° and then turn oven to 375° and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Place in a refridgerator overnight to set the pie.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream!