- 1/2 hubbard squash
- 1 buttercup squash, small
- 3 tbsp April’s Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp April’s Maple syrup
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the buttercup squash in half and remove the filling and seeds.
- Line baking sheet with foil; oil lightly or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place buttercup halves cut-side-down on prepared baking sheet and bake until very tender, about 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then scoop flesh into large bowl.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash buttercup squash with 2 tbsp maple syrup and 2 tbsp butter.
- Cut hubbard squash in half and remove the filling and seeds. Melt 1 tbsp of butter with 1 tbsp of maple syrup and brush the cavity of 1/2 of the hubbard squash with the maple butter.
- Fill the 1/2 of hubbard squash with the mashed buttercup squash.
- Mix all topping ingredients (1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/8 cup cranberries, 1/8 cup walnuts) and spread over mashed buttercup squash.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hubbard squash is tender.